Because pain management is a specialized medicine, it's best to check with your insurance company to find out their referral policy and covered services, as well as to to find out if we're one of their In-Network providers. While we can tell you the basics of what we accept for insurance plans, we can't always tell you the finer details, such as whether your insurance restricts you to a certain number of treatments or whether costs will apply to your out-of-pocket deductible. While we can't answer all your questions, you can still find some answers by checking our Insurance page.
Our new policy will be appointments by REFERRAL ONLY. You must obtain a referral before scheduling an appointment. If you have a referral already, please feel free to call us, but make sure to have the following information readily available:
- First & Last Name (be sure to verify spelling, i.e. Sheryl vs. Cheryl, and no nicknames)
- Date of Birth
- Phone Number
- Insurance and ID Number
- The name of your Primary Care Doctor (if you don't have one, name the last one you saw)
- Referring Doctor
- Name & DOB of the Card Holder, if different from yourself
- Diagnosis or area(s) where you're experiencing pain
- Let us know if you've had a recent MRI, X-Ray, EMG, etc.
- Let us know if you're transferring your care from another pain practice. If so, we cannot treat you without those records.